The Firm believes systematic integration of ESG considerations into investment and ownership is the next step and that this will help the Firm’s decision-making and ultimately enhance value for our investors. We believe developing ESG systems around our investments and adjacent strategies will be key to navigating existing and future risks and opportunities. We are excited about this future.
The following ESG principles will guide our approach to new investments and existing ownership across our investment strategies, ownership, and operations:
- Regularly engaging stakeholders on ESG.
- Defining stakeholders as investors, employees, regulators, consumers, and communities in which we operate.
- Tasking our leaders to drive assessment of material ESG factors across our strategies.
- Systematically incorporating ESG considerations and solutions in our investments, ownership, and business operations from top to bottom.
- Avoiding strategies that cause significant harm environmentally and/or socially.
- Developing methods to disclose, benchmark, review and improve on our ESG strategies year over year.
- Embracing a leadership role in ESG within our relevant industries.
Our goal is to lead our investment strategies and operating companies into the next decades within this framework and with thoughtful leadership focused on promoting corporate responsibility and enhancing value for our investors. To that end, we will undertake the following ESG Commitments:
- Maintaining ESG within Executive Committee agenda.
- Integrating ESG into investment decisions through assessment of material factors from sourcing to due diligence, to investment committee reviews.
- Integrating ESG into existing portfolio ownership and operations by identifying opportunities to mitigate the effects of our investments on the environment and to promote a consumer and community centric vision.
Based on these ESG Principles and Commitments, the Firm is prepared to sign on to United Nations Principles for Responsible Investing in 2023 when the new guidelines are issued.